Recent News Posts
- Installation of Pastor Patrick Rooney - Sunday, October 6 - 5:30 pm
- Weekday Bible Studies Resume
- Lutheran Choral’s 82nd Season
- CALL Symposium. “What Does God Say About … Life?” Oct. 2 CU-Portland
- Sock & Underwear Drive for the Community Transitional School - through Sept. 22
- 2019 Worship Assistants—Choose your weeks
Within Our Church Family ...
We will follow our normal morning schedule on that day - 8:30 am Sunday School; 9:30 am Worship & Holy Communion.
FAll is approaching and summer schedules are becoming a memory. Our Redeemer's weekday Bible studies will be resuming their regular schedules in the coming weeks -
- Tuesday Morning Women's Study - from 9-11 am starting Sept. 10.
Topic: The Life and Times of Elijah
- Friday Morning Men's Study - from 9-11 am starting Sept. 6. Topic: Islam vs. Christianity
- Women's Guild - 10:30 am to 1 pm on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, starting Sept. 18. Business meeting, Bible study & salad luncheon.
This annual event at Our Redeemer helps to stock the clothes closet for this school that serves homeless youth and kids in the Portland area. All sizes are needed. Contribution boxes are out.
A signup board to self-assign for Worship Assistant roles throughout 2019 is on the piano in the back of the Sanctuary. Please take a moment over the coming weeks to self-assign for the tasks you can cover.
In Our Community ...
September 22 - 4 pm
United Church of Christ
2032 College Way Forest Grove, OR
September 29 - 4 pm
St. Stephen Lutheran Church
290 W. Gloucester St. Gladstone, OR
October 6 - 4 pm
Peace Lutheran Church
2201 N. Rosa Parks Way Portland, OR
January 5, 2020 - 4 pm
Calvin Presbyterian Church
10445 SW Canterbury Ln. Tigard, OR
In light of many abortion laws being addressed in states throughout America – some pro-life, others pro-choice – this topic is not only timely, but important. The event, which is open to all, will take place on Oct. 2 from noon -1pm in CU Portland’s Student Events and Activities Center, and 7-8pm in the Fine Arts Building.
CALL is the Center for Applied Lutheran Leadership. Concordia University and the Northwest District of the LCMS partnered to create CALL and gave it its purpose: to engage Christian professional church workers and lay leaders and believers locally and throughout the world to wrestle with and find answers to the critical questions and issues facing today’s ministry.