Recent News Posts
- Forest Hills’ Enrollment for 2018-2019
- Women’s Guild Bible Study, Meeting & Salad Luncheon—Wed., January 17, at 10:30 am
- Emergency Preparedness—Disaster May be Inevitable; Planning Can be a Blessing
- Our Redeemer Preschool & Kindergarten Celebrates 10 Years of ‘Growing in Grace’
- YOUTH GROUP
- Annual Progressive Dinner—Saturday, March 3
- 2018 Worship Assistants—Q1 Assignments Finalized; Choose your weeks for Q 2-3
- Confirmation Instruction—6th Wednesdays at 4 pm; 7th on Jan. 14; 8th on Jan. 21
- 2018-2019 Enrollment - Our Redeemer Preschool & Kindergarten
Within Our Church Family ...
A Bible Study is followed by a short business meeting and salad luncheon. Outlined discussion questions for the study are available from Elizabeth Lewis prior to meetings (Elizabeth.email@example.com). There is always a lot of laughter emanating from the conference room during Women’s Guild gatherings, so plan on bringing a salad topping to share and join them.
At 7 pm on Thursday, February 1, anyone interested is invited to join in a discussion in the church Conference Room on how Our Redeemer could respond in natural or man-made disaster situations. This preliminary meeting will focus on setting priorities as we look at supporting our members and our community.
- Mark your calendar for a free Spaghetti Dinner on February 24 at 6 pm. Congregation families, current school families and alumni are all invited to share some yummy food and reminisce about the good times at Our Redeemer Preschool & Kindergarten. The dinner will be in the Fellowship Room at Living Savior Lutheran Church in Tualatin.
- Save the Date: April 28 – Gala Celebration with Jan Luedtke and Paul Linnemann, celebrating both the beginning and the continuation of God’s abundant grace through our school ministry.
Our Middle & High School students are getting together on the first and third Sundays of the month to share time together, grow in faith, and just have FUN! They typically meet from 6 to 8 pm. They have an interesting list of events on the schedule for the coming weeks. Look for additional details from Susan Harms. All are welcome.
On the Schedule:
February 4—Super Bowl Party
February 18—Apples to Apples
March 4—Escape Room Game
It’s a tradition. It’s delicious food. It’s great people. It’s a lot of fun. Every year we plan a traveling dinner to mix and mingle members of our congregation. Details will be coming soon—but for now, be sure this date stays free in your calendar.
An email has gone out recapping all of the self-assigned roles for January through March and filling in assignments for any remaining slots. A listing of these assignments is also posted on the bulletin board in the back of the Sanctuary. A signup board to self-assign for Worship Assistant roles for April through September is on the piano in the back of the Sanctuary. Remember, if any last-minute issues interfere with your assigned schedule, please attempt to find a replacement, or notify an Elder or the church office.
Back to school; back to study. Pastor Olsen is leading our 6th graders in their Confirmation studies Wednesdays at 4 pm. 7th and 8th graders will meet after Sunday worship on alternate Sundays. Speak with Pastor Olsen or the church office if you have any questions.
Enrollment for 2018-19 is opening SOON.
- PRIORITY REGISTRATION: Jan. 16-29
for church families, current & returning school families
- GENERAL REGISTRATION: Opens Jan. 30 at OPEN HOUSE, from 4 to 7 pm
Classes offered for the 2017-18 school year include:
- two morning classes for 3 year olds
- three classes for 4 year olds including morning and extended day options
- one kindergarten class
For information, contact Darlene Thauland 503-524-6646 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Our Community ...
Forest Hills offers Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade in a beautiful setting outside of Cornelius, OR. Enrollment for the next school year for current school families and member churches (which includes Our Redeemer) runs from Jan. 22 to Feb. 2. Open enrollment begins at an Open House on Saturday, February 3 from 10 am to 1 pm. To learn more or schedule a tour, contact Patti White at 503.359.4853 or email@example.com.