Recent News Posts
- 2019 Devotion Challenge
- Advent is upon us! Join in Fellowship & Worship— Wednesdays, December 11 & 18
- Choir Practice after Advent Devotions, Wednesdays
- Women’s Guild— Wednesday, December 18—11:30 am to ~3:00 pm
- Peace. Delivered. The Christmas Schedule.
- Interested in Membership? Would like to learn more about Lutheran Beliefs?
- Weekday Bible Studies - ALL Welcome
- Lutheran Choral’s 82nd Season
- Sunday Worship Assistants—Choose your weeks
11.5.12 - Good Morning 4's Families
In November we will learn about the Pilgrims and how both “saints” those seeking religious freedom and “strangers” those seeking economic gain came and settled at Plymouth. We still need some 1 lb cottage cheese containers for a project. New vocabulary for your 4 year old might include: Pilgrim, Plymouth, Mayflower, Wampanoag, harvest, Thanksgiving. On Friday we will be learning about the Native Americans who assisted the Pilgrims as they settled at Plymouth.
Our Nov artist is Judy Chicago. One of her major works, The Dinner Party, features place settings for 39 famous historical and mythical women. The Dinner Party was completed in 1979 and since 2007 it is part of the permanent collection at the Brooklyn Museum in New York. The 4’s art project inspired by Judy Chicago will be on display on the purple wall outside the classroom on Friday.
During our Bible time we’ll be learning about Moses. God had a plan for Moses life which was spared when he was an infant. The Lord has a specific plan for each of our lives and our children’s lives. He desires a close relationship with His people. What a joy it is to tell the children each day how precious they are to Jesus and how much He loves them.
Nov 9 – Baking Day
Nov 12 – No school, Veterans’ Day
Nov 14 – Lunch and a Movie
Nov 19 – Bake Pumpkin Pie
Nov 21 – Pilgrim Feast
Nov 22, 23 – No School, Thanksgiving Holiday