Recent News Posts
- ...it’s all about HER—Help. Educate. Restore. A Pop-Up Store - Jan. 26 & 27
- Concordia University Sunday—February 3
- John Sermon Series - February 3 - 'The Glory of God'
- John Sermon Series - January 27 - 'The Word Becomes a Person'
- John Sermon Series - January 20 - 'Children of the Heavenly Father'
- John Sermon Series - January 13 is “The Baptism of Our Lord” Sunday
- John Sermon Series - Sunday, Jan. 6 - Celebrating Jesus as the Light to the Nations
- New Sermon Series on the Gospel of John
- December 30 - Adult Study Begins New Series Led by Pastor Dan Bohlken
- 2019 Worship Assistants—Choose your weeks
11.5.12 - Good Morning 4's Families
In November we will learn about the Pilgrims and how both “saints” those seeking religious freedom and “strangers” those seeking economic gain came and settled at Plymouth. We still need some 1 lb cottage cheese containers for a project. New vocabulary for your 4 year old might include: Pilgrim, Plymouth, Mayflower, Wampanoag, harvest, Thanksgiving. On Friday we will be learning about the Native Americans who assisted the Pilgrims as they settled at Plymouth.
Our Nov artist is Judy Chicago. One of her major works, The Dinner Party, features place settings for 39 famous historical and mythical women. The Dinner Party was completed in 1979 and since 2007 it is part of the permanent collection at the Brooklyn Museum in New York. The 4’s art project inspired by Judy Chicago will be on display on the purple wall outside the classroom on Friday.
During our Bible time we’ll be learning about Moses. God had a plan for Moses life which was spared when he was an infant. The Lord has a specific plan for each of our lives and our children’s lives. He desires a close relationship with His people. What a joy it is to tell the children each day how precious they are to Jesus and how much He loves them.
Nov 9 – Baking Day
Nov 12 – No school, Veterans’ Day
Nov 14 – Lunch and a Movie
Nov 19 – Bake Pumpkin Pie
Nov 21 – Pilgrim Feast
Nov 22, 23 – No School, Thanksgiving Holiday