Recent News Posts
- Forest Hills’ Enrollment for 2018-2019
- Women’s Guild Bible Study, Meeting & Salad Luncheon—Wed., January 17, at 10:30 am
- Emergency Preparedness—Disaster May be Inevitable; Planning Can be a Blessing
- Our Redeemer Preschool & Kindergarten Celebrates 10 Years of ‘Growing in Grace’
- YOUTH GROUP
- Annual Progressive Dinner—Saturday, March 3
- 2018 Worship Assistants—Q1 Assignments Finalized; Choose your weeks for Q 2-3
- Confirmation Instruction—6th Wednesdays at 4 pm; 7th on Jan. 14; 8th on Jan. 21
- 2018-2019 Enrollment - Our Redeemer Preschool & Kindergarten
Enroll Now for School Year 2018-19!
Classes for 2018-19 include:
Two classes for 3 year olds
Three classes for 4 year olds, morning or extended day
One Kindergarten class
Our Redeemer Preschool and Kindergarten - Christ-centered, Child-focused
In February the children are learning about the miracles of Jesus during Bible time. Jesus gives us glimpses of His glory as the Son of God as He suspends the laws of nature and performs miracles. We praise almighty God for the greatest miracle of all, that He claims us as His own through the redemptive work of Jesus. It is a joy each school day to remind the children how much they are loved by our Lord.
Kindergarten kids are building fluency in reading and reading comprehension skills. In Feb we will be telling time and learning about money in math. Our Social Studies unit is a study of our great state of Oregon with a field trip to the Oregon Historical Museum at the end of the month.
The 4’s will be taking a look at the different geographic regions in our state. We praise God for the diversity of landforms, plants and animals. Writing and phonics skills continue to build, as well as learning to write numerals.
The 3’s preschoolers will be learning about Nursery Rhymes in February. Rhyming is a great pre-reading skill for these little ones to acquire. The 3’s are gaining confidence at using scissors; we’ll add glue to our skill list in February.
Special Days in February include:
Feb 12 – Deliver Valentines in the neighborhood
Feb 13 – 3’s Valentine Activities
Feb 14 – 4’s Valentine Activities
Feb 14 – Kinder Valentine Party
Feb 19 – No School Presidents’ Day
Feb 27 - Kinder Trip to Oregon Historical Museum
It is a joy to serve the wonderful families of Our Redeemer Preschool and Kindergarten.
Blessings in the Name of Jesus,
Our Redeemer Church and School – Family, Friendship and the Love of Jesus!