Recent News Posts
- Women’s Guild Meeting—Wednesday, January 15—starting at 10:30 am
- 2020-2021 School Enrollment
- Interested in Membership? Would like to learn more about Lutheran Beliefs?
- Weekday Bible Studies - ALL Welcome
- Sunday Worship Assistants—Choose your weeks
- Thrivent Choice $$’s – 2019 Dollars Expire March 31
- Overwhelming Class Sizes Got You Down? Check Out Forest Hills
Advent means coming. During the month of December we celebrate Advent and wait for Christmas. Even a small child knows that Christmas is coming. It’s all around us…in the stores, on the radio and TV. There is a lot of pressure as we wait for Christmas, we’ve got to get the decorations up, get the cards sent and the gifts bought, parties to plan and too many activities.
Take a Family break this Advent. At our Redeemer we have set aside the Wed evenings in December for a time of Family Gathering. Come enjoy a meal. You don’t need to bring anything, just your family. We’ll take some time to eat and relax; sing familiar Christmas songs and learn some new ones. There’ll be a kid-friendly activity to do together. A message of peace and joy and a blessing will complete our evenings. Take a few moments in our hectic world for some Christmas joy and peace.
Each Wednesday dinner is served at 6:00pm.
Singing and activities to follow; everything done by 7:30pm
Week 1 – Dec 5
Abraham and Sarah: Families worries can turn into joy!
Make an advent chain to count down to Christmas
Week 2 – Dec 12
David: Families experience mistakes and forgiveness
Make cards and/or ornaments to give away.
Week 3 – Dec 19
Ruth: Extended Families come in all shapes and sizes.
Decorate a picture frame for your family portrait.
December 5 – Potato Bar
December 12 – Italian Night
December 19 – Pizza for Dinner